Wednesday, January 14, 2009

update

so just a quick update because i dont have a ton of time before i have to be at my mext meeting

the hike was AMAZING!!! our guides name was Nano (i was only refering to mickey) and he was insane. we started out at 8 in the morning at got back close to one. during that time, we hiked up to a waterfall where we had to scale slippery rocks while holding onto a cord. we then went to his house that he has built on this mountain and he entertained us with all sorts of crazy things. we hiked through coffee plantations, swung on vines and many times veared off the trail only to find a new one. he would be walking by a plant, pull off the leaves and give them to us to eat. it was definitely an experience.

i had my first semi warm shower yesterday which was really nice. the showers here are super confusing and no one really knows how to work them. i have to ask my host mom every day to help me so i am not showering in icicles.

this coming weekend we are all leaving orosi for the week to go visit our sites. it will be my first time going to manuel antonio and i am super excited and will let you know how it is.

i now need to go call my parents and my sister. hope all is well.

paz

8 comments:

  1. Hey sis! It was incredibly awesome to talk to you yesterday!!! Your stories are already hilarious....and you have 11 more months to gather them :) I am happy you got a warm shower...the little things are the first missed and the most appreciated...enjoy Manuel Antonio and yoga on the beach. Muchos amor (right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to hear that you are doing well. Amor has been great so far, thank you so much for your gift. I just returned from a trip this week, the group was amazing. They almost finished the house in 2 days...and this was their first trip (all adults, no teens). So far this has been a great experience. I'll get to be SSJ Amor rep in Rocky Point. I can't wait to see some pictures from Costa Rica on here. I will let you know when I get my blog set up. Vaya con Dios.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzie, I love the picture. Good choice for luring people down to visit you. Sounds like you are having an adventure that needs to be shared. This may get your Papa south of the border. We'll see. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bobo,
    Sitting here at work wondering what your weekend is like. This should be the last day until our tile is complete, which means we don't have to eat out every night. Although it was nice eating with Elz and Pat and Mickster. I was behind a car the other day that had an Amor Internationale decal in the window. I thought that was pretty cool. I bet Nick is going to miss having you on the SSJ crew. Nick misses you, Hubbs misses you but I miss you the most. Watching those inane reality shows is just not the same without you. I haven't even been able to turn "The Biggest Loser" on. From you description of the food down there, you may be a contestant when you get back. All those yummy carbs. We were talking about the food and I told Ellen that when you don't have a lot of money, you eat that which fills you up. A good diet is a luxury so many poor developing countries cannot afford. We take for granted the myiad of choices we have available to us and feel guilty when we splurge on cookies or pies. But for so many in this world, the choice isn't what is best for them or really what tastes the best, it is what fills them up. And as I am sure you are becoming aware, carbs do fill you up. I hope you are able to get some exercise in to burn off those carbs.

    Have fun daily. Peace and love,

    Your not Unclejim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lizzie, Drew Keeps asking for you everytime he comes over.

    I am glad you are having fun. What an adventure. Miss you MUCHO!

    Kisses Be Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LuluBoo,

    Our Sun Devils beat UCLA last night, at UCLA! UCLA was ranked 9th. And USC beat the WildKitties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey liz, it sounds like you had a pretty good hike. the internet at my house is down so i havent been following the blog much. i am really jealous of that hike. do you know what kind of plants he was giving you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu???????????????

    ReplyDelete