Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thank you SSJ Youth Group!!!!

I first need to give un monton (a lot and lot basically - although I am not sure if that is how you spell it) of thank yous to Jen and Ss. Simon and Jude youth group. I was giving a test on Tuesday morning when our mailman in Quepos made his way up the hill to Manuel Antonio to deliver a box to the teacher at the school. As I was sitting in the office with my sixth grader trying to persuade some English words out of him, in walked the mailman with my box. I was sooooo excited!!! My excitment only increased when I opened it and found a bunch of letters from the youth at SSJ, candy and much needed toiletries! And so, with that being said, I have a few shout-outs to give and a few questions to answer:

To Katie Mulligan - Yes, I have a killer tan. I have tan lines like you wouldn´t believe. I have tan lines from swim suits, sports bras and even ankle bracelets. I am sure I will be looking like somewhat of a freak because of them when I arrive home in the middle of winter!

Sarah Tellez - I have to say, I think I laughed more from your letter than any one else´s! You have an amazing sense of humor and know how to put smiles on people´s faces - a true gift.

Sierra Rue - I am so excited you like Michael Franti now! He is an amazing singer and an even better performer. If you have the opportunity to see him in concert, you should definitely go. He is by far one of the best people I have ever seen live.

For all of you who don´t know who Michael Franti is - Find Sierra Rue and make her burn you a copy of his best songs!

Maria Diaz - Shout out to you!!!

To all who wrote - I am glad to hear that those of you I do know are doing well and I am excited to meet those of you I don´t know when I return. You sound like an awesome group and I look forward to working with you all. Thank you not only for the box, but for all your prayers as well.

Not SSJ related:
I did a 10k run last weekend in San Jose! My friend Danna and I ran together. It was actually a run that benefitted breast cancer research and there were a TON of people there. I ended up running then entire 10k (which I am excited about - I didn´t think I would be able to actually run the entire thing) and did it in an hour and 5 minutes. I am super proud of this time, especially since it is my first running race ever. It was fun too, because as we were running through the city, people would come out of their businesses and houses and cheer us on. So I got to run to the cheers of, ¨vamos¨and, ¨corre, corre¨, and every once in a while they would see the gringa coming and shout, ¨Run!¨. haha. It was a lot of fun though and I am glad I did it. Plus, I got a medal!

Thank you again to Youth Group and I hope everyone who reads the blog is doing well. I love you all and will be seeing you soon!

2 comments:

  1. oh Lulu,

    Our Devils lost again, to the Golden Bears on a field goal with 21 seconds to go. If you had to miss a season, this was a good one to miss. It was Homecoming too.

    On a sad note, Alan Kucharski died last night. Bocce in heaven tonight.

    Love and miss you,
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Lizzie-lu,

    We lost to your hated USC Condoms last night but at least we finally took Sully out, hopefully for good. He threw an interception that was returned for 6 and that was enough for Erickson. Oz then drove the Devils 80 yards for a score, a pass to McGaha. We couldn't do much more but at least the crowd got into it when Sully went out. Now we can start getting Oz the snaps to become a good quarterback. We were never going anywhere with Sullivan.

    Sorry for the news. Don't let it ruin your day. Love you.

    Pops

    ReplyDelete